Friday, December 15, 2017

My New Portfolio!

This is by far my favorite project we've ever done. All the pre-projects really helped understand what I was doing and gave me some good and bad examples of what my page should look like. As soon as I made the design pre-project, I fell in love with the one page portfolios and how easy they flow and explain what you do without overwhelming the viewer. I also figured out that I love animations and transitions, so that was something I for sure wanted to include in my portfolio because I found it super interesting and it spiced up the page a bit.

Alright so. When I first started this project, I was still super excited about it. I knew it'd be a little easier then the others and I get more creative freedom with it. Still, there were some definite obstacles in the way. When trying to figure out my name on the starting page, there was originally a slogan in there, but it all looked too clashing with the buildings and you couldn't read it that much. Okay so now you have just you're name and that still overlaps the building and looks weird. I played around with the different css files and figured out how to change the div, but I'm still not sure if I should put a slogan on. I don't know if it's beneficial or not.

In the end, I'm really happy with my portfolio and I really do think it accurately represents the modern aspect that I'm going for when doing client sites. It represents me as a web designer, and more importantly, it shows where I come from, Kansas City. Home of the royals and home of Ava Yerkes, freelance web designer.

To visit my site, click this link: Ava's Portfolio

No comments:

Post a Comment